Want to Change Lives?
When you come to Leake & Watts, you join a powerful culture of giving and caring. We meet individuals and families on their own terms and work with them to rise to their own successes. Each employee is here to make a difference as part of the whole. Come join us!
Ten Great Reasons to Work at Leake & Watts
Positive Earning Potential
Benefits You Can Rely On
- Health and dental insurance
- No cost life insurance
- Low cost long-term and short-term disability insurance
Recharge & Refresh
- Sick days
- Personal days
Planning for the Future
- 401(k) matching contribution for your retirement plan
- Choice of investment options
- Low cost personal retirement planning assistance
- A wide variety of professional development opportunities
- Onsite training for selected job specialties
- New trainings developed based on employees’ feedback
- Promote qualified internal employees to open positions across departments
- Provide a pathway to managerial positions
- Ensure that you get an interview for any position you are interested in
Supporting Your Success
- Review their performance
- Help them grow professionally
- Talk about what matters to them
Welcoming to All
- Have appropriate policies related to diversity
- Include diversity considerations in promotions
- Address diversity at all levels of the organization
Your Voice Matters
- Employees have input about policies and procedures
- Every department has monthly mission effectiveness meetings and selects a Mission Effectiveness Champion who meets with the Executive Director to discuss challenges, successes and suggestions for improvement
Investing in Your Growth
- Associates, Bachelors and Masters Degrees
- Certificate courses
Employee Rewards & Perks
We believe in showing our deeply felt appreciation of our employees by recognizing outstanding performance and by personally recognizing each employee every year.
Annual Service Awards
Honoring employees for service at Leake & Watts of 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, 25 years, and more.
Employee Recognition Month
Every March we celebrate our employees.
When you earn a new license or a degree, you are rewarded with a salary increase.
Each year, we help you celebrate your birthday with a $25 gift card.
Annual Fun Day
Each spring, employees and their families are invited to a day of food and entertainment.
Support Professionals Day
We celebrate each other on this national recognition day.
Our Team Members Say It Best
It Has Been Great
“Leake & Watts has been my employer for the past 25 years. I have been able to complete my educational career as well as my professional career. Three of my children and four of my grandchildren have attended Leake & Watts child care centers. It has been great, thank you.”
KAREN BANKS, TEACHER, BROWNELL PRESCHOOL
Brighten a Family’s Life
“Working at Leake & Watts has taught me that one person’s impact can truly help to change and brighten a family’s life. I know when I come to work that I am working alongside some of the most talented people in the field, who are not only great at what they do but also genuinely care about those who work with and around them.”
ALISSA NOVICK, DIRECTOR, FUNCTIONAL FAMILY THERAPY PROGRAM
A Rewarding Experience
“As Gandhi once said, 'Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.' Although this quote speaks for itself, working at Leake & Watts has taught me great team building, leadership, and problem solving skills. In light of these learned skills, it has also brought forth a rewarding experience to see smiles on client’s faces in addition to the ongoing support from my colleagues.”
CHAVONE LAKE, SUPERVISOR, PREVENTIVE SERVICES
Opportunities for Advancement
“Leake & Watts provides an opportunity to interface with zealous colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents. Every position at Leake & Watts brings opportunities for career advancement and development, allowing staff to strive for and achieve their professional goals while supporting others to reach theirs.”
SHEILA EVANS, TRAINING SPECIALIST
Learn Something New Every Day
“Every day is a new day at Leake & Watts. It is never a routine, boring job. There’s always something new to look forward to. I definitely enjoy working with the kids because I learn something new from them every day.”
CHRISTINA HENRIQUEZ, SHIFT SUPERVISOR, PASSAGE OF HOPE PROGRAM FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
Employee Awards Ceremony
Each May, we recognize excellence in performance by individuals nominated by their peers for the following awards:
- Two Employees of the Year
- Manager of the Year
- Annual Core Values Award Winners
Employee Excellence Award Winners
- Laurine Davis, Guidance Counselor, Biondi School: Employee Excellence Award for Respect
- Karen Banks, Teacher, Brownell School: Employee Excellence Award for Achievement
- Jason Burton, Maintainer, General Services: Employee Excellence Award for Safety
- Shannique Leung, Administrative Assistant, I/DD Services: Employee Excellence Award for Responsibility
- Stephen Matos, Travel & Medical Coordinator, Passage of Hope: Award for Managerial Excellence
L to R: Jason Burton, Vincent Cohen, Brian White, Karen Banks, Ian Prendergast, Shannique Leung, Kamel Lyons, Laurine Davis, Diana Batista-Garcia, Stephen Matos, Michelle Flores.
Let’s Grow Together Program (RTC) – Employee Excellence Award: Innovation
- Vincent Cohen, Assistant Residential Director
- Ian Prendergast, Program Administrator
- Brian White, Program Administrator
- Kamel Lyons, Program Administrator
Employees of the Year Awards
From among all the award nominees, the following individuals were selected to receive the two Employees of the Year Awards:
- Michelle Flores, Administrative Coordinator, Clinic Department
- Diana Batista-Garcia, FTC Training Facilitator, Family Foster Care
Employee Satisfaction Survey
In recognition of the importance of employee satisfaction to a job well done, we solicit feedback from each individual every year and then use the results to continually improve our practices and policies.
Leake & Watts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, alienage, marital status, partnership status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, conviction status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.