News & Events
Looking Ahead After an Amazing Year
Thanks to you, our 47 different programs created hope and opportunity for more than 12,000 people in 2017. We could not have done it without your support! Together, we accomplished so much in 2017, we look forward to taking on exciting new challenges in 2018. Here’s a sampling:
- In 2017, we expanded our pre-literacy Parent-Child Home Program to include more families living in shelters. We supported more than 600 families—a record number—in our Soundview Family Resource Center for families with children 5 and under.
- More Biondi High School students than ever before took Regents exams; 2 of our foster care teens were awarded full college scholarships; several received partial college scholarships; and our Community School 217 graduated 25% more students in 2017 than in 2016.
- Our new Bronx Family Mental Health Clinic is filling the borough’s void in Medicaid mental health services for children and youth 5 to 21. Our Health Home Care Management is making it easier for families to care for children with significant medical needs.
- The excellent reputation of our residential programs has spread beyond New York. Several out-of-state agencies are now referring individuals to us because we can provide the necessary support.
- We also have significantly expanded our supported employment program, which encourages and helps employers to hire more individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- We launched a Fatherhood Initiative program, which gives dads the tool they need to build healthy, nurturing relationships with their children.
- And our Juvenile Justice Services continues to grow. We now offer a respite program for families of court-involved youth at risk of recidivism.
Looking ahead to 2018:
- We are adding more beds to our Passage of Hope program for unaccompanied minor migrants;
- opening a new Bronx facility to support adults with disabilities;
- and developing a program to serve runaway homeless youth.
Our work is driven by our belief that all of us can thrive when we have hope and opportunity. Thanks to your heartfelt commitment to us, we will help even more people experience hope and opportunity in 2018. Happy New Year!